Friday, January 2, 2009

How do I remove a broken Light Bulb?

First off, you screw in a light bulb clockwise and unscrew counter-clockwise. The last thing you want to do is to try and do this with your bare hand. You might try and unscrewing it with needle nose pliars. This should do the trick. I've also heard of folks using a potatoe. Simply cut it in half and depress over the broken bulb and twist. Not sure if this works or not. If you try it, let me know how it does!

I recently had someone tell me that white specs were coming from a broken bulb and wanted to know if it was asbestos. To my knowledge, light bulbs are not made with asbestos materials but if you have a concern like this, please contact the manufacturer of the bulb. They are the only ones that will be able to give you a straight up answer.

Holly Eddins

No comments: